Interest on and as Damages
This is an archived article, and some links may not work. Contact us if you have any questions.
In his talk entitled “Interest on and as Damages“, Andrew Fulton considers the following:
- General overview of the Court’s powers to award interest under contract, in equity or pursuant to statute
- Circumstances in which compound interest can be recovered
- Relevant factors in the exercise of the Court’s discretion under s 35A
- Consideration of the House of Lords decision in Sempra Metals and its implications for pleading and proving an interest-based claim
- Post-judgment interest in respect of sterling and non-sterling judgments