Probationary tenancy (third six) pupillage applications
Twenty Essex is inviting applications for one probationary tenancy of up to six months commencing in mid-September 2022. The probationary tenancy is funded at £5,000 per month with the pupil retaining all earnings in the period. Applications will be treated in confidence and should include the following information:
- A detailed CV setting out academic history and what you have done during your pupillage.
- A covering letter explaining why you would like a probationary tenancy with Twenty Essex
- References from at least two of your pupil supervisors.
- Completion of the RARE equality and diversity monitoring form (which will be provided on receipt of your application).
Deadline: 27 July 2022
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place in the morning of Friday 29 July. Candidates will be provided with a short problem question to work on before the interview.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pupillage at Twenty Essex
Pupillage at Twenty Essex offers the opportunity to train with barristers at the top of their profession in a highly successful, international and friendly set at the cutting edge of commercial and public international law.
The key features of pupillage at Twenty Essex include:
- We are a leading commercial and public international law set.
- We seek outstanding applicants.
- Diversity and inclusivity are very important to us. We were the first chambers to adopt Rare’s CSR.
- High retention rate: 80% of our pupils taken on as tenants in the last few years.
- A detailed, structured training programme. We do not just test: we teach.
- Friendly and supportive atmosphere in chambers.
- An emphasis on work/life balance for pupils.