Disruptive Developments: CIS disputes
Twenty Essex hosted its second Disruptive Developments event last night focusing on disputes in the CIS regions. Many thanks to all who joined us for a stimulating evening of talks and drinks!
Chair: Duncan Matthews QC
Panel 1 – Looking ahead: pre-emptive skirmishes and asset tracing
- Developing themes in freezing injunctions and proprietary freezing orders
- The use of anchor defendants to secure jurisdiction in England
- Identifying and preserving offshore assets in CIS disputes
Speakers: Paul Lowenstein QC, Malcolm Jarvis, Sarah Tresman
Panel 2 – Investor-state disputes: a changing landscape
- Latest developments on ‘shell’ companies as investors
- Crimea BIT disputes
- GDPR and protection of data and security
- CIS BIT disputes in a post-Brexit world
Speakers: Guglielmo Verdirame QC, Jonathan Ketcheson, Penelope Nevill, Philip Riches
Should you have any further question on the presentation content, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.