Pupillage at Twenty Essex offers the opportunity to train with barristers at the top of their profession in a highly successful, international and friendly set at the cutting edge of commercial and public international law.
The key features of pupillage at Twenty Essex:
- We are a leading commercial and public international law set.
- We seek outstanding applicants.
- Diversity and inclusivity are very important to us. We were the first chambers to adopt Rare’s CSR.
- High retention rate: 80% of our pupils taken on as tenants in the last few years.
- A detailed, structured training programme. We do not just test: we teach.
- Friendly and supportive atmosphere in chambers.
- Generous award of £75,000, with drawdown and other benefits.
- An emphasis on work/life balance for pupils.
- No numbers limits: if you achieve tenancy standard you will be offered tenancy.
- Full pupillage programme running in 2021/2022 – virtual where necessary.
Pupillage is our chance to teach you to excel as a junior barrister. We are proud of our bespoke training programme and its fantastic results: in recent years over 80% of our pupils have been offered tenancy at the end of their pupillage.
We continue to offer mini-pupillages, so please apply for these via our form. The deadlines for mini-pupillage applications are the end of November, February and June each year. We only interview pupillage candidates who have completed , or been offered, a mini-pupillage in Chambers.
For additional tips on how to get a commercial pupillage, see here.
If you have any questions about pupillage or mini-pupillage do please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org