Wendy Miles QC delivers the CIArb Alexander lecture
The flagship Alexander Lecture 2021 will be delivered live by Wendy Miles QC from the UN Climate Change Conference UK 2021 on Thursday 11 November at 18:00 (GMT).
The lecture will focus on alternative dispute resolution, sustainability and climate change and is entitled “International Arbitration and Sustainable Investment: Facilitator or Foe?”.
Wendy Miles QC will explore how international arbitration can play its part in global action to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Points of discussion include:
- The role that international arbitration can play in facilitating the global, systemic transition to net zero.
- How international arbitration can be a catalyst for unlocking the $70 trillion of capital investment required to achieve net zero.
- The need for arbitrators and counsel to understand how sustainable investments can be made viable prospects for institutions.
- The role of professional bodies like CIArb in equipping arbitration practitioners with the knowledge they need to handle climate-related disputes.
- Whether international arbitration needs to adapt if it is to be a true facilitator of the net-zero transition.
- Whether or not it’s time to rethink damages modelling in transition projects or investment.
More information and registration